Dogs need their daily exercise. Things like living in the Quad Cities with cold winters and hot summers, and the days getting shorter shouldn’t get in the way. A treadmill is a great way to get your dog a dose of healthy indoor exercise. The use of dog treadmills is on the rise as owners look for solutions to keep their pets active and healthy.
There are numerous reasons pet owners decide to use a dog treadmill:
- Bad Weather
- You’re in the Quad Cities and it’s August. You’re still here and it’s January. All sorts of weather makes taking your dog out adequately nearly impossible.
- Poor Health – Yours
- If you are your dog’s only caretaker and your dog is active, an injury to you or an illness can sideline your canine walking time.
- Dog is Overweight
- Overweight dogs, especially significantly overweight dogs, can benefit from slow, steady exercise.
- Dog has More Energy than You Do
- If you have a marathon dog and you’re a stroll-in-the-park kinda person, treadmill time can bridge that gap.
- Unsafe Area
- If your neighborhood is not safe for walking your dog, if it has loose dogs or no sidewalk or things that scare your dog, a treadmill can be a big help.
- Cardio Improvement
- Just like us, our dogs require cardiovascular exercise to increase and/or maintain their fitness level.
- Dog Sports
- Keep your canine athlete fit during the week by logging in miles jogging.
It is important for dogs to stay active to avoid debilitating health issues. That’s why at The Paddling Pooch you will only find the best treadmills on the market today. Here at The Paddling Pooch, our treadmill is the perfect pet exercise for all breeds from 3lbs up to 150lbs.
- German Shepherd
- Golden Retriever
- Labrador Retriever
- Australian Shepherd
- Border Collie
- Old English Sheepdog
- Alaskan Malamute
There are many reasons to add a dog treadmill program into your life with your dog. Contact us today and schedule your pet’s workout. *By Appointment Only!